Sunday, July 19, 2015

Review: The Selection by Kiera Cass

4 stars! ****


Author: Kiera Cass

Title: The Selection (The Selection #1)



When I started reading I didn't believe I could give it more than 3 stars, but as I began to be more sucked into the story I decided to give it 4 stars. But still.. I often was like: WHAT, WHY, WHAT DID I DO?

I read it quickly, wanted to know how it will all turn out. The country is divided into castes. At first I didn't really get it - why and how it is like that, but it is explained later on. The Selection is basically a contest for prince Maxon's heart and crown.

The narrator America is funny, kind, free spirited girl that will make you laugh and I guess that later on she will make me cry.

Then there is Aspen.
[SPOILER: America's boyfriend in the beginning, than he broke up with her because she was too good for him blahblahblah. Then he is miracously brought back to the palace as a guard. And OF COURSE he regrets his decision and wants America back! The original thought of love triangle.] 
He takes care of his family and is loyal, but incredibly stupid. I mean, who does that?
[SPOILER: Don't persuade the girl you love to sign up! Stupid move. Stupid.]

And Maxon. You can't not love that guy. Awkward in the cutest way possible! His inability to handle crying woman and obvious adoration for his mother. I would want to be part of the Selection too if I had the chance to be with someone like Maxon. 
[SPOILER: The kissing scene?] 
For better understanding you should read The Prince

Some part were good, hilarious even - America's mother and sister. Some were bad, long-ish and bit boring but I don't regret reading this one and I'm looking forward to reading rest of the books in the Selection saga.



No comments:

Post a Comment