Thursday, October 22, 2015

Review: Beneath These Scars (Beneath, #4) by Meghan March

3.5 stars! ***


Author: Meghan March

Title: Beneath These Scars (Beneath, #4)
 
I’m the guy you love to hate.

In every story in my life, I seem to end up playing the villain—and I’ve got the scars to prove it.

That role works fine for me, because I’m sure as hell not anyone’s hero.

I run my life and my empire with an iron fist—until she knocks my tightly controlled world off its axis.

She’s nobody’s damsel in distress, but I can’t help but want to save her anyway.

I guess we’re about to find out if there’s a hero buried … beneath these scars.







Once again there is overly strong independent female. I either don't mind it or hate. In this case I hated it. She was waaaaaay too "I-can-do-it-on-my-own-so-fuck-off". In the last quarter it got a bit better and she actually started to say something different than that she's fine, she doesn't need help etc.

Yve Santos used to be married to a guy that was crazy. In the bed way. He beat her and almost killed her. Which is probably one of the reasons why she so hell bend on doing everything with her own strenght without anyone's help.

Lucas Titan is a billionaire CEO who always gets what he wants without anyone asking any guestions. He's used to being hated, because he doesn't love himself either. He doesn't think he's a good man and why should he pretend to be otherwise?

Yve founds herself in his house, because someone broke into her apartment. She feels insta-hate towards him, but that doesn't stop her from sleeping with him.

There's someone out there who's after Yve. Will she let Lucas or anyone for that matter help her and protect her?

I didn't connect with any of tha characters. It took my a long time to actually get into the reading itself. There was lot of "fuck you, Titan" and "no Yve, you're gonna fuck me" and it got old.

I really really didn't like Yve. I can't help it but she just irritates the fuck out of me. She tried to be tough and she thought she was invincible. Well guess what? She wasn't.

Lucas and I got on a bit better but still it wasn't ideal. He's arrogant and not always in the attractive way.

But in a way those two are perfect for each other. Because no one else could stand them for a longer period of time.

The quite enjoyed the ending. It was like there were different characters. Both of them did a complete u-turn in their behaviour, which was great (I could finally stand them!).

No comments:

Post a Comment