Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Review: Beneath These Chains (Beneath, #3) by Meghan March

4.5 stars! ****


Author: Meghan March

Title: Beneath These Chains (Beneath, #3)
 
I was raised on the streets, so I know things are rarely as simple as they appear—especially this rich girl showing up at my pawnshop demanding a job.

She’s the most tempting thing I’ve ever seen, and I’ll be damned if I can make her leave.

Shit just got complicated … but when it comes to her—I want complicated.

We’re both fighting our own demons, and our only chance at a future is to let go of the past.

But will we be strong enough to break free from beneath these chains?










I was hooked from the first word right to the last one.

I can't believe that up until this week I haven't heard about Meghan March. That's one seriously talented writer. #envious

Elle as in Eleanor is a rich girl with a snobish assholish step-father, step-brother from hell and alcoholic mother. Elle is stubborn, self-sufficient and she does whatever she wants. After her last work place was shut down she worked in a butique, but there is something she wants to find and a pawn shop is where she thinks she'll find it.


"It says 'help wanted.' I'm help, therefore I'm wanted."

Oh, and she doesn't take no for an answer.

Lord has been through a lot when he was a kid. He didn't get adopted like his little brother Con. He had to steal when he wanted to eat. But he's grown as a person from that experience. When a stunning Elle came to his pawn shop like a storm, he couldn't say no to her.


"He didn't use two words when one would do."


Both of them are instantly attracted to each other. But Lord wants her only for something serious and Elle's plan was to sleep with him and move on. So they never hooked up and the book ended.

Ha. No. That would've been the case if Lord wasn't one charming motherfucker. It only takes him couple of days before she decides that giving up a bit of her freedom is worth him.

It might seem like everything is perfect but someone is murdering people those two talk to and argue with. And Lord is the number one suspect.

I really enjoyed this one. Probably my favourite of the series, although Beneath This Mask was great too. I was getting nervous ticks when I had to be at school and listen to some old guy talk about history of something that doesn't interest me and I had to sit there and write notes and I couldn't continue reading. Talk about frustration.

The chemistry between those two was hotsmokingflaming. The way those two were attracted to each other (and the way it was written) isn't seen often in books. Authors try to acomplish what was done in this book but often failing. This wasn't forced and while there was a lot of sex it wasn't disturbing, annoying or interfering with the plot.

Usually I'm really bothered by really stubborn I-can-do-it-all-on-my-own girls and Elle was exactly like that. But it didn't bother me 99% of the time. You know why? Because she learned to tone it down and actually let Lord help her. #hallelujah


"I'm the kind of girl who does the chasing herself. I see what I want, and I get it."


And Lord. I'll only say couple of words. Muscles. Tattooes. Motorbike. Eight pack.

I'm sad that now I have only one book left in the series. But I'm excited about the mysterious Lucas Titan so I'm gonna go burry myself in his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment