Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Review: Beneath This Ink (Beneath, #2) by Meghan March

3.5 stars! ***


Author: Meghan March

Title: Beneath This Ink (Beneath, #2)
 
I’ve always known she was too good for me, but that never stopped me from wanting her.

And then I finally had her for one night.

A night I don’t remember.

I figured I’d blown my shot.

But now she’s walked back into my life, and this time, I have the upper hand. I want my second chance.

Will she be able to see the man beneath this ink?









Second book in the series was a bit weaker than the first one. I don't know why, but it took me a lot of time to finally get into the plot. It wasn't boring or anything, it's just that the whole "I-say-I-don't-want-you-but-I-do" is getting bit old. And the "she's-rich-she's-so-much-better-than-me-she-would-never-want-me" is even older. If it's girl saying that I don't mind that much, but if a guy whines all the time about it than it's repulsive and annoying.



Vanessa is a trust fond baby, she's got a lot of money but she's still got some heart and conscience - more than most, actually. She works in a charity and wants to lead it one day. There only one thing left to do until she can achieve her dream. But there are sacrifices to be made.



Con always used to be the guy you don't want to introduce to your parents. Doesn't matter that he was adopted by rich parents, that he was part of the army. When his parent were killed he changed. He's man with a single purpose on his mind - to get back at the one, who did it.

They has spend one night couple of years ago. One that Con doesn't remember, but desperately wants to. So when she comes to ask him for a property she needs for her task, he wants something right back. He wants to be given a chance. A real shot at something with her. But he's not the only one who wants her. There's another player in the game.

There were parts where I could barely stand Vanessa and parts where I wanted to hug her and say "me too, girl". I understand her fears about eating in public. I hate it too and if I had to eat a burger with someone I'm not entirely comfortable I'd rather starve. But I envy Van something. She got thin while I'm in constant fight with my body, gaining weight only by looking at food.



I liked seeing more Con's sides. He's one charming motherfucker. I'd probably swoon too if I was him. Tattooes, motorcycle, muscles.. What's there not to love. Except for the fact that he's (or more acurately used to be) a total manwhore. He got through girls faster than I do with socks.









The chemistry between those two seemed okay, although it was nothing extraordinary. But I have to admit that those two seemed perfect for each other. Opposites attract, right?

The ending was surprising - not the ending ending, but who the culprit was. I certainly did not expect that. And the actual ending ending was sweet, not rushed, forced or overly romantic with hearts pouring out of the page to attack you.

Although I enjoyed this one less than Beneath This Mask I'm looking forward to reading the rest of series.

No comments:

Post a Comment