Monday, October 19, 2015

Review: Beneath This Mask (Beneath, #1) by Meghan March

4 stars! ****

Author: Meghan March

Title: Beneath This Mask (Beneath, #1)
 
He loves me, and he doesn’t even know my real name.

The limelight that follows him could expose everything I’m hiding. But even knowing the risks, I can’t force myself to stay away.

I’m going to break his heart, but mine will shatter right along with it.

Will we lose it all when I reveal what’s beneath this mask?










I've chosen to read this one because lots of my friends rated it really high, the blurb was interesting and I wanted to know if it's really that good as everyone is saying. And it was!

Charlotte's father stole and his a lot of money (a lot! if I had only 1% of that sum I'd be a really happy girl), she was being guestioned by FBI and after her last hearing she disappeared. Not because she was guilty, but because she wanted a fresh start.

And a freash start she did have. She completely changed her appearance - strawberry blond hair were suddenly black and purple and pink and red. Her once smooth skin was covered with tattooes. And piercings! From NY to New Orleans it's a long way, but she's still worried it's not long enough.

Simon used to be in the army, but after an accident he suffered PTSD and he was discharged with honors. His father is a politician and he's also aspiring to be one.

One day his friend is having a bachelor party and wants his bride's name tattooed on his ass (if you want your girl's name tattooed, it should be on your chest, arm, shoulder but never on your ass). They wander into a tattoo parlor where a beautiful tatted girl is working at the reception. She's everything he should stay clear off but he's drawn to her, just like she is to him.

He knows that Charlie is hiding things, but that doesn't stop him from falling for her. But secrets have their way of making themselves be known.

Beneath This Mask was amazing book. There was suspense, jokes, adventure, uncertainity, romance, hothothot scenes and dog.

I loved Huck. He might be bigger than me but he was so overprotective of his mistress. (I loveeeee dogs. And I'm also scared of them. But they are soo cute.)

You could feel the chemistry and tension between Simon and Charlie. I found them to be perfect for each other. They completed each other and made the other one a better person.

Simon has seen from the very beginning that she's special. He knew that she's the one. And that was how he treated her. Southern gentelman and all that.

It took Charlie a bit longer to see that Simon is the one for her but when she finally opened her eyes, you could just hear how it clicked inside her.

This was my first Meghan March book and now I'm just asking myself: how come I've not read her books sooner?

No comments:

Post a Comment