Friday, January 8, 2016

Review: Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2) by Pepper Winters

2 stars! **



Author: Pepper Winters

Title: Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark, #2)

“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… screwed up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs do make a right."

Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do.

He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster.








After reading Tears of Tess I wasn't sure what to think. I didn't know whether I liked the book or not. After reading Quintessentially Q I'm positive that I am more disturbed by the books than I enjoyed reading them.

QQ was even darker than TOT and it was bit too much for me. It was too dark, there were too many murders, too much blood and way too many inner monologues. Uncomfortable inner monologues.

Once again there were things that just didn't sit well with me. My morals didn't agree with it and it put me off the book. I think that having two POVs (Q's and Tess') made it worse. I could see inside of both of those filthy, dirty minds.

The whole series seems too far fetched. Do people in real life really have these urges? To whip someone bloody, to scar them, brand them and completely rule over someone else? I'd get the whipping thing and the belt thing and many other things but the blood thing? No. I do not accept that. How can anyone watch someone they care about bleed and get off on it? That's too twisted.

In QQ Tess was kidnapped once again. AGAIN! By the same people! From Q's office and no one noticed that group of men were carrying unconcious girl..

(view spoiler)

And then the ending? Ew. Did they really brand each other? With a hot poker? Ew. That was the last straw for me.

I've wanted to read Pepper Winters' book for a while and if all of her books are like this - too dark, too sinister, too controversial - I might not read other books. We'll see..

Right now I'm abandoning this series and maybe I'll get to it in the future, but right now I need some sweet, cute love story with no blood, pain or punishments to help me get over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment